Caribbean Christmas Hamper
The class begins with welcome drinks, baked goodies and a chat. By the end of the class, you will have learned to make;
- Carribbean Rum Cake - Every Caribbean island has their version of this cake, which is traditionally used as the base for wedding cakes, however it is most famously served at Christmas.
- Coconut Sweetbread - A traditional coconut and dried fruit bread from Trinidad.
- Ponche a Creme - Ponche de Creme (or Punch a Crema) is a Trinidadian Christmas staple, its our version of eggnog.
- Sorrel Drink - This drink is ubiquitous with Christmas throughout the Caribbean. Christmas without Sorrel is just not possible.
- Mango & Pineapple Chow - A classic Trinidadian street food snack found everywhere on the islands, similar to salsa. Eaten as a snack or with your Christmas breakfast ham.
At the end of the class you will leave with a hamper filled with the goodies that you’ve made, the recipes and the skills to recreate them at home.
NB: Due to the possibility of cross contamination of ingredients, classes are not suitable for anyone with food allergies
The classes are held in the beautiful Merton Abbey Mills in South London, nearest tube station is Colliers Wood on the Northern Line.
All ingredients etc provided, however please bring your apron and wear comfortable shoes.