Caribbean Christmas Hamper
The class begins with welcome drinks, baked goodies and a chat. By the end of the class, you will have learned to make;
- Carribbean Rum Cake - Every Caribbean island has their version of this cake, which is traditionally used as the base for wedding cakes, however it is most famously served at Christmas.
- Coconut Sweetbread - A traditional coconut and dried fruit bread from Trinidad.
- Ponche a Creme - Ponche de Creme (or Punch a Crema) is a Trinidadian Christmas staple, its our version of eggnog.
- Sorrel Drink - This drink is ubiquitous with Christmas throughout the Caribbean. Christmas without Sorrel is just not possible.
- Mango & Pineapple Chow - A classic Trinidadian street food snack found everywhere on the islands, similar to salsa. Eaten as a snack or with your Christmas breakfast ham.
At the end of the class you will leave with a hamper filled with the goodies that you’ve made, the recipes and the skills to recreate them at home.
NB: Due to the possibility of cross contamination of ingredients, classes are not suitable for anyone with food allergies